Euan is the founder and CEO of GroVida, having moved to Portugal with his family to be the driving force behind GroVida.
Prior to this Euan has been managing large scale horticulture farms for 10 years as well as being a partner in a strawberry growing business in the UK. Specialising in hydroponically grown high-value fruit and flower crops, both field scale and in heated greenhouses.
A graduate from Aberdeen University with a BSc in Agriculture and a Post Graduate Diploma in Finance.
Andy has been working in the energy industry for over 9 years and has successfully taken 18 projects from inception through the development process to realisation and commercial exit.
Prior to developing utility-scale energy projects, Andy worked in Corporate Finance for 6 years in the City of London. Andy’s experience covers every aspect of the development of complex utility-scale energy and infrastructure projects, from the first concept through to financial close.
Andy’s experience includes the following roles:
- Co-Founder – Sun and Soil Limited. Project development company of 13 utility-scale solar assets within the UK. Multiple single asset sales and a Top Company sale 2015 to Trina Solar;
- Co-founder – Energy Reservoirs. Project development company of 100MW of utility-scale batteries within the UK. Multiple single asset sales in 2017;
- Co-founder – Low Carbon Farming. Project development company of commercial greenhouses in the UK, with 3 current permissions for over 83 acres of high tech greenhouses;
- Founder Investor – Sulus Solar LLP. Project development company in the USA with an advanced pipeline of 100MW assets in Pacific North West; and
- Founder Investor – Landstrom Group Limited. Residential housing development company in the UK with an advanced pipeline of development locations.
Pharmaceutical Advisory Director
Clara Carneiro has current and previous experience in numerous high-profile roles across government, private and educational institutions.
She was awarded in January 2019 INFARMED’s Good Practices 25+ Sustainability Award, which recognizes projects and institutions promoting good practices in the sector of medicines and health products.
She was President of the Commission for Monitoring the Commitment to Sustainability and Development of the National Health Service (2016-2018).
Roles in her career to date include:
- Member of the Portuguese Parliament, 2002-2005 and 2009-2011, member of the Health Commission.
- Consultant on Health Policies to the President of the Portuguese Republic 2011-2016
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Northern Lisbon Hospital Center, E.P.E. 2015-2018
- Founding member and Portugal representative at EuroPharm Forum – World Health Organization 1992-1995
- Portuguese Representative in the European Union Pharmaceutical Group 1989-1995
- Member of the expert group “Latitude Initiative” – New Horizons in Health and Medicine, GSK and Janssen, 2012-2015
- Expert in the External Evaluation Committee of Community Initiative Projects – Gilead Program GÉNESE, 2014-2016
- Member Think Tank “Immuno-Oncology Project” – definition of a strategic consensus on Immuno-Oncology in Portugal 2016
Clara graduated in Pharmacy from University of Lisbon and was awarded the WHO Fellowship from University of Glasgow (Belvedere Hospital) and National Institute of Public Health, Bilthoven, Netherlands.
Technical Director/Qualified Person
Before joining GroVida Joao has been working in the pharmaceutical industry for nearly 25 years. Most recently holding the positions of Operations Director and Qualified Person for well-respected pharmaceutical companies in Portugal with manufacturing sites engaged in the production of human and veterinary medicines including controlled substance drugs. Prior to this, positions have included business development and quality control.
Well versed in all aspects of EU pharmaceutical legislation (GxP), Joao holds specialist qualifications in Good Manufacturing Practice, Good Manufacturing as Qualified Person, Auditing of Quality, Environment and Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Distribution Practice. Also holding the title of “Specialist in Pharmaceutical Industry” from the Portuguese Pharmaceutical Society.
A graduate in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Lisbon University and holding a Post graduation in Pharmaceutical Marketing from ISCTE Business School in Lisbon, Joao is born and raised in Portugal.
Pedro has been successfully growing raspberry crops in Portugal for the past 10 years, now joining the GroVida team to grow medical cannabis. He is widely respected in the local soft fruit industry and internationally. As well as growing his own crops, Pedro has advised in China and the USA for blue chip clients. He has a particular interest and knowledge of plant nutrition.
Within GroVida Pedro will be managing plant nutrition as well as bringing a lot of local knowledge.
Born in Lisbon and a graduate from the University of Algarve as an Agriculture Engineer.
Dror is currently managing the cultivation facility at GroVida. Dror has been advising cannabis growers in Israel and internationally. Since 2014. He has acted as an agronomist, designed and project managed GMP facility builds and consulted internationally on cannabis production.
As well as cannabis, Dror in passionate about other high-value projects and products. Highlights include setting up a mycorrhiza manufacturing plant in Israel, managing African variety trials for the world’s largest seed companies in Ethiopia, consulting international nurseries and being part of developing a bio-pesticide in Israel Agricultural R&D Organization (ARO).
Now residing in Portugal, Dror holds a BSc in Plant Protection from Hebrew University.
Jude has joined GroVida as Commercial Manager, to support the development of key markets, whilst continuing her role as Director of Algo Novo, a Strategic Consulting business.
She brings with her nearly 20 years of Pharmaceutical industry experience in both the EU and USA markets, holding roles across Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Marketing and Commercial in multiple therapeutic areas. These include Neurology, Cardiology, Metabolism, Oncology, and Vaccines.
Jude has a wealth of relevant experience to draw from and has developed an intimate understanding of the clinical development pathway from research to product launch. She is passionate about supporting early commercialisation challenges, with particular strengths in key stakeholder engagement, delivering projects across the product lifecycle, with a diverse range of Global Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients.
A graduate in Pharmacology from the University of Glasgow, Jude now splits her time between Portugal and London.